By Dr. Eric Scalise
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?” said Alice.
“That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat.
“I don't much care where,” said Alice.
“Then it doesn’t really matter which way you go,” said the Cat.”
• Moses – “Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” (Ex. 3:10)
• Jesus – “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” (Jn. 6:38); “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth.” (Jn. 18:37)
• Paul – “We preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness.” (1 Cor. 1:23); “For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.” (1 Cor.) 2:2)
• Purpose – Do something that makes a difference in life and in the kingdom of God.
• Priorities – Do it with all your heart and always keep the main thing the main thing.
• People – Do it with those individuals where you have real relationship.
• Plan – Do it with diligence, intentionality, and only after counting the cost.
• Passion – Do it with inspiration, calling, and a commitment to be “all in.”
Justice In The Home
Never Give Up
"Above All Else"
The Influence of Friends
From Mourning to Morning
Use Chrome? Here's the RSS extension
Connect With Dr. Eric Scalise
American Association of Christian Counselors AACC
Alignment Association Facebook
Alignment Association Twitter
Alignment Association Linkedin
Eric Scalise, Ph.D., LPC, LMFT, is the President of LIV Enterprises & Consulting, LLC and CEO for the Alignment Association, LLC. He is the former Vice President of the 50,000-member American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), as well as the former Department Chair for Counseling Programs at Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA. He is an adjunct professor and the Senior Editor for both AACC and the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation. Dr. Scalise is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist with 36 years of clinical and professional experience in the mental health field. Specialty areas include professional and pastoral stress and burnout, compassion fatigue, mood disorders, marriage and family issues, combat trauma and PTSD, addictions and recovery, crisis response, grief and loss, leadership development, life coaching, and lay counselor training. He is a published author with Zondervan, Baker Books, and Harvest House, is a national and international conference speaker, and frequently works with organizations, clinicians, ministry leaders, and churches on a variety of issues. Dr. Scalise and his wife, Donna, have been married for 36 years, have twin sons who are combat veterans serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, and three grandchildren.
Dr. Tim Clinton
Dr. Eric Scalise
Dr. Joshua Straub
How to Raise a Brat
A Message To Husbands and Wives
Opinions presented in blog content on www.drjamesdobson.org are solely those of the author. Blog content may only be reprinted or republished with the express written permission of the author and Family Talk.
All information presented on blog(s) is for entertainment purposes only. Neither the author nor Family Talk is providing medical, legal or other professional advice. You are reading and/or using blog content at your own risk. Inquiries may be sent to: email@example.com.
The Dobson Library
Copyright ©2017 Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk All Rights Reserved
Family Talk 540 Elkton Drive, Suite 201 Colorado Springs, CO 80907 (877) 732-6825
Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited.